It's finally here. The first leg to, "Holiday Break" went pretty good for my first semester of college. The push to the coveted Spring Break went a bit shaky but I managed. But now the baton is being passed to the anchor and I'm looking to complete my first year of college education. Problem is, I don't think I have anything left. Not mentally. No my brain isn't short circuiting at all, but the wear and tear of walking EVERYWHERE is killing me. From here, one block away from my Sandburg dorm room, cross campus to there, then backtrack to the student union for a quick bite to eat. Then my circular journey continues to some place who knows where. I can't even get a good night's sleep knowing that as soon as I rest my limbs, the sooner I pile on the miles going to earn an education. No wonder everyone has aspirations of having a desk job, they can't withstand anything else.
Could it be that I'm just lazy? Some admit to just being plain old lazy, I'm no world class athlete but lazy when it comes to just walking, NO. UWM's campus is not that big is the feedback I get from out of town friends. My reply is, "I feel for you then." It makes me miss dearly the setting of high-school, one building means one trip. I'd rather walk up or down two flights of stairs to get to a classroom than walk a block and a half and four flights on top of that to get to my 9 am chemistry lab.
At this point my alternatives have been unsuccessful, wheel-chair makes me feel bad about myself because although I know I NEED it, no one else believes that I Need it. Hey, at least this way I'd be GOING GREEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment